Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How your goals create your vision

Yesterday we talked about setting your life’s goals.
I trust you’ve already listed your top 20 life goals.
If not, do that right after you finish reading today’s blog.
Keep them in a notebook and add to them as they come to you.
Believe me, they will come to you. It is providential.
Today we’ll talk about your goals creating your life’s vision.
Permit me to share a personal story about mine.
I wrote "Your Life’s Great Purpose" to help you find your purpose.
I wanted you to find it in eight key areas of your life.
The three most important are faith, family and community.
The others are career, financial, body, mind and just for fun.
I thought that was the book’s true great purpose. I was wrong.
God gave me a challenge: Sell books to wipe out illiteracy.
42 million Americans can’t read. We need to correct that.
Millions can’t enjoy reading the way you and I enjoy it.
My goal was to sell 2 million books, to raise $20 million for literacy.
I heard Jack Canfield talk about selling 1 million books in a day.
God was telling me through Jack that my goal was too small.
I raised it to 20 million books to raise $200 million for literacy.
Think about it. What’s your big goal, your great purpose in life?
Write it down. Commit to achieving it. Believe you can do it.
Share it with those you love. Enlist their support.
Let them share your purpose and your belief to make it work.
That’s one of the biggest challenges of your life. You can do it.
Email me your purpose. I’ll do whatever I can to help you.
A reminder: Ruth King will interview me Friday at 10 a.m.
We’ll talk about my new "Terminate Your Profit Killers" book.
To watch, go to www.JerryBellune.com. It shows you what to do.
For more about goals, vision and purpose, click here.

No comments: