Monday, August 11, 2008

What are you committed to?

Today we’ll talk about one of the great keys to success in life.
It’s vital that we make and honor our commitments.
Losers quit making commitments because they fail to achieve them.
They give up too easily. Why not try again? And again?
Giving in too easily reinforces a passive approach to life.
That leads to failure. Repeated, disheartening failure.
British Prime Minister Winston Churchill’s advice is still good today.
"Never give in," he said. "Never give in. Never, never, never, never.
"In nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in."
The solution is not to abandon our dreams.
The solution is to commit to an active life.
To commit to the pursuit, capture and enjoyment of success.
What are you willing to commit to achieve today? Yes, today?
Write it in your journal. Check your journal tonight. "Did I do it?"
Commit to this as well: "I will hold myself accountable.
"I will do what I promise to do. No excuses. No alibis.
"If I fail to do it, it should be only because I ran out of time."
The clock is ticking. I dare you. Start now.
Tomorrow we’ll talk about creating your vision for your life.
For more interesting reading, click here.

No comments: