Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Keep your date with destiny

Yesterday we talked about the importance of self-discipline.
Today we’ll talk more about developing good habits.
Good habits require self-discipline. They don’t come easily.
This morning I rose early. It was still dark, my family asleep.
But I had a date with you to continue our conversation.
What dates do you have on today’s calendar?
Are they dates with destiny that will make a difference?
Rising early may not be your thing but it pumps me up.
It revs my motor. Find the habits that rev your motor.
What taps your passion? What makes you feel purposeful?
Yesterday, David Stanton talked with me on TV about purpose.
About the eight areas of life where you can make a difference.
You'll find more about that by clicking here.
We talked about mistakes and learning from them.
We talked about learning from the mistakes of others.
You don’t have to make all the mistakes to learn from them.
David is a fine interviewer. We covered a lot of ground in minutes.
Think about how you can make the minutes count in your life.
Being busy helps. Being purposeful helps even more.
Plan your day. Stick to your plan. Do you have tasks left over?
Start tomorrow’s list with what you did not finish today.
Tomorrow I’ll share an idea to help you succeed in business.
For more on self-discipline, please click here.

No comments: