Thursday, March 26, 2009

To learn a subject, teach it

Four local high schools have invited me to speak to their students.
I’m excited because they are making important decisions now.
They’re thinking about what they want to do in their lives.
If not, they should be. Now is their time to prepare for adulthood.
The more I teach, I find, the more I learn.
You’ve probably found that, too. Teaching is an exploration.
If you’re not teaching in your home and at work, now’s the time.
Teaching doesn’t have to be formal. We all learn informally.
Sometimes it’s just showing someone else how to do something.
I volunteered to teach advertising at our technical college.
Starting with that class, I was soon teaching other business skills.
It was a great education for me. I had to think about my teaching.
My guest experts deepened my own business understanding.
My new course teaches adults to find their life’s great purpose.
We’ll be starting it in September at Midlands Technical College.
We’re all here for a purpose but we have no instruction manual.
It’s up to us to figure it out, develop a plan and take action.
My course teaches you how to do that in only seven weeks.
If you’re interested in joining this class, email me.
I’ll send you details on where and how to enroll.
Meantime, think about your own expertise and how to share it.
For more on your life’s great purpose, please click here.

No comments: