Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finding balance in our lives

Do you often feel overwhelmed with responsibilities?
Is there never enough time for everything?
Wouldn’t it be a relief to put some balance into your life?
My wife and I have had problems with that.
She put her journalistic career on hold to raise our children.
I was proud of her for making this decision.
We believed this was the best way to help our children.
They would face many poor influences outside our home.
It put pressure on me to earn enough to offset lost income.
As a result, I made some poor choices of my own.
I worked long hours. I left her alone to rasie our children.
That was not a balanced life.
I should have been able to make more time for them.
A friend of ours says the secret is setting priorities.
Jane Willis says she goes where she is most needed.
Where are you most needed?
What will you have have to change to meet that need?
Are you willing to make the sacrifice?
How can you get the most important things done?
Can you leave the rest until tomorrow?
For more on this, click here.
Scroll down to #43, Finding Time to Balance Your Life.

Also watch for Ruth King’s interview with me Friday.
Click here to view. We discuss my new book "Your Life’s Great Purpose".
Tomorrow we’ll talk about making better choices.

No comments: