Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Your great purpose makes life easier

Trust me. A great purpose will simplify your life.
You will know when to say no. When to say yes.
You can’t do everything you want to do.
But you will find a way to do what you must do.
You will set priorities. You will make deadlines.
You can’t do everything others want you to do.
But you will do that which is most important.
Your great purpose defines all that for you.
My great purpose now is to combat illiteracy.
To make reading skills available to everyone.
Jimmy worked at our printing plant years ago.
One day we discovered Jimmy could not read.
He was printing newspapers he could not read.
That staggered me. It broke my heart.
Yet 42 million Americans cannot read.
Two million more join them each year.
It is a national catastrophe. It is a national shame.
I am going to raise $200 million to overcome this.
It will take 10 years but with help I will do it.
What is your great purpose? You have one.
You just have to identify it. It takes time.
Think about it. Talk about it. Pray about it.
You have to make choices — often tough choices.
Yet with a clear purpose, you will set priorities.
You will decide how to spend your time and energy.
Time and energy are gifts. Use them wisely.
Just ask, "Will this help me fulfill my great purpose?"
Next we’ll talk about your purpose and eternity.
For more on finding your great purpose, click here.

No comments: