Monday, July 28, 2008

Did they laugh when you sat down to play?

Last week we talked about daring to dream big dreams.
Today we’re going to talk about daring your detractors and critics.
When Walt Disney proposed Disneyland, the experts said this:
It won't be profitable nor recover its enormous investment.
A study of amusement parks came to much the same conclusion.
Walt forged ahead with his dream and you know what happened.
When I dreamed of raising $20 million, I thought they might laugh.
Then I thought, what do I care? I’m going to do it.
$20 million can put a serious dent in illiteracy.
42 million Americans need to be able to enjoy reading.
I knew it would require selling 2 million of my books.
Then I heard Jack Canfield tell of selling 1 million books in a day.
My goal is too small, I realized. I raised the goal to 20 million books.
That would raise $200 million. That would help a lot of illiterates.
God was telling me through Jack’s voice to raise the bar.
Now I had a real challenge, a challenge straight from God.
What dream are you dreaming that will challenge you?
What goal do you have that the critics might say can’t be done?
Ignore them. What do they know? Did they stop Walt Disney?
They can’t stop you either. Go for your dream, whatever it is.
Think about what you will become by achieving your dream.
Caterpillars can’t become butterflies without leaving the cocoon.
Think of the far stronger person that achievement will make you.
Tomorrow, we’ll talk more about pursuing your dreams.
For specific strategies for your success, click here.

No comments: