Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Do things go better with Coke?

Yesterday we talked about daring your detractors and critics.
Today we’ll talk about a role model of generosity.
Patriotic Robert Woodruff led Coca Cola during World War II.
Woodruff wanted to make Coke available for a nickel to our military.
He decided the company would bear the cost, whatever it was.
He wanted military people anywhere in the world to enjoy Cokes.
Some thought he was nuts. The cost would be prohibitive, they said.
But Woodruff soldiered on. He would not be deterred.
What do you think happened to Coke’s worldwide sales?
How many loyal customers did his dream build for Coke?
All of those men and women in uniform remembered.
They became loyal Coke customers for life.
Some of my friends wonder if I’m nuts to give away my books.
My books are my way of helping people in their careers and lives.
If they like my books, they will tell others about them.
I am building a support group for my $200 million dream.
We are going to teach millions of people how to read.
What about you? How can generosity advance your goals?
Do all the good you can, John Wesley said, as long as ever you can.
In that, the father of Methodism gave us a great challenge.
Tomorrow we’ll talk about a geeky idea. Stay tuned.
For more about making your dreams come true, click here.

No comments: