Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Examining your life is essential

"The unexamined life isn’t worth living," Socrates told his students.
The Greek philosopher figured that out more than 2,400 years ago.
By that, I think he meant: Learn from life. Learn from your mistakes.
So lets turn it around: Lets examine our lives and our mistakes.
Lets become students of ours and other people’s experiences.
Lets keep a journal in which we record these lessons.
That accomplishes two things: We examine our own lives and learn.
We leave a legacy for our grandchildren of the lives we lived.
God is watching what we do with the lives and gifts given us.
Here are four questions to ask yourself and answer in your journal.
1. What great purpose will give my life great meaning?
2. What is my agenda today to help me fulfill that purpose?
3. What changes must I make to help me fulfill my purpose?
4. What do I feel strongly motivated to accomplish today?
These are but four of many questions I ask you in my new book.
These questions are my challenges to you.
"Your Life’s Great Purpose" will help you answer them.
Tomorrow we’ll talk about the dreams you have for your life.
For more on your own life’s great purpose, click here.

No comments: