Thursday, March 19, 2009

Enriching your stories

We’ve talked about the power of stories and where to find them.
Today, lets talk about enriching your stories to inspire others.
Have you ever felt awkward or embarrassed? Haven’t we all?
As a teenager, I seemed to have two left feet and stuttered.
There were times when I thought I would just like to die.
But now I can talk about that with confidence. I overcame it.
That kind of experience makes for a much richer story.
How about mistakes and failures? Stupid choices?
The opportunity you let go and someone else made work?
What about those who influenced you and helped you?
How has their example and advice made a difference to you?
What about the fascinating people you been privileged to meet?
How about exotic places you’ve been? Experiences you’ve had?
What about your successes and failures and what you learned?
These experiences and lessons empower your stories.
They make indelible impressions on others. They inspire them.
Two of my favorite storytellers were my father and grandfather.
Their stories of growing up in earlier times fascinated me.
Years later, I’ve realized what an impression they made on me.
Only as an adult did I come to appreciate the lessons they taught.
Your stories will make powerful impressions on others, too.
The best stories share your dreams, goals and great purposes.
Share those with others. They will help you achieve your dreams.
For more on your own great purpose, please click here.

No comments: