Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Expand your network

Last week we talked about making a list of everyone you know.
What will you do with this list? Call them. You say:
“Mary, I’m expanding my business and need your help.”
Pause while Mary considers this and may ask how she can help.
To your current clients you say:
“I want to work with more people like you.
“You are one of my best clients and I appreciate working with you.
“Which of your friends might see working with me to be beneficial?”
Then shut up and listen. Don’t speak until she answers you.
To prospects who could use your services, you say:
“Larry, I’m expanding my business and want to work with you.
“I want to help you expand your business.
“Could we talk about how we might help each other?”
Then shut up. Don’t speak until he gives you an answer.
To friends and acquaintances who are not sales prospects you say:
“Mel, I’m expanding my business and need your help.
“I work with people who want to expand their business.
“Could you suggest a friend who might benefit in working with me?”
This helped Joe Girard sell more cars than anyone ever had.
If it worked for Joe, why not you?
Want a free trial subscription to my Advertising & Marketing Letter?
Email JerryBellune@yahoo.com
Write “Free trial subscription” in the subject line.
To post a comment, click on “comment” below.
For more on success in business and sales, click here.

No comments: