Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How to peel a green banana

Welcome to my Tuesday morning Business Blog.
Today we’ll talk about finding shortcuts to success in business.
It’s far easier to do anything if a mentor shows you how.
You miss the thrill of discovery but you avoid most of the mistakes.
Here’s a little story that illustrates the point.
When I first earned a newspaper delivery route, I had a problem.
My route started three miles from the publisher’s home.
He was an early riser and wanted his newspaper by 5:30 a.m.
The district manager told me the paper had to be there by 5:30.
What was I to do? My Dad solved this problem.
We bought the biggest basket we could find for my bike.
I loaded the papers in my basket and biked to the publisher’s home.
He got the first paper. Then I delivered the rest of the route.
At Christmas, his wife have me $20 and a note:
"Thanks for getting the paper here on time every morning."
That’s why I wrote my sales book, "How to Peel a Green Banana".
It contains the seven key strategies other sales people taught me.
It took months, maybe years, off my learning curve.
Ruth King and I will be talking about this book at 10 a.m. Friday.
Watch the 30-minute interview at www.ProfitabilityChannel.com
You’ll learn how to peel a green banana and other cool stuff.
Want a free trial subscription to my Advertising & Marketing Letter?
Email JerryBellune@yahoo.com
Write "Free trial subscription" in the subject line.
To post a comment, click on "comment" below.
For more on success in business and sales, click here.

No comments: