Thursday, July 30, 2009

Does God have goals?

Here’s an arresting thought that came to me at 4:32 a.m.
Does God have goals? Does He (or She) have plans?
I say, sure God does. Human history is God’s plan in action.
You may not have tuned into this blog for theology.
Tune out any time you like. You won’t hurt my feelings.
You may call God by some other name. That’s OK, too.
If we are made in God’s image, He (or She) must have goals.
Why? Because we have goals. And we have plans.
That may not satisfy Logical Positivists but it’s clear to me.
You may be thinking, Jerry’s got a nerve, preaching to me.
I don’t mean to preach but to provoke. To invite you to think.
Does God have a gender? Probably. Both genders.
We, male and female, are made in God’s image. Two genders.
Where does creativity come from? I know where mine does.
And it comes at the most unexpected times. Such as 4:32 a.m.
Don’t shut out those thoughts. Listen to that voice.
It will give you some of your most amazing insights.
If I’ve provoked you to think, great. Send me a comment.
Tell me I’m full of it. Or here’s another way to look at it.
I await your thoughts. Click on ‘comment’ below.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jerry--insightful thoughts, thanks for sharing. The great mystic poet Rumi says, "The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you--don't go back to sleep." Glad you stayed awake and were attentive to what your morning secrets were telling you.

Rich Schlentz NSA/C member

Mark Bostic said...

Belief sytems are a good thing. They elevate us above ourselves. I heard the other day that even atheists have a belief system, they believe that they don't beieve. I don't know how far you can get with that, but maybe it gets you somewhere....

JJ said...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11