Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The importance of saying ‘no’

Yes, I find it hard to say no. You probably do, too.
I’m lucky. My wife tells me to say no and I do what she wants.
Saying no is hard because we don’t like to disappoint others.
But there are many opportunities in life. We can’t do them all.
You won’t hurt anyone’s feelings if you say no.
Just do it gracefully. Look them in the eyes and smile.
Say, "I’m honored you asked but I just can’t do it now."
That’s all you have to say. Don’t explain. Make no excuses.
Now think about what you’ve just done.
You’ve freed yourself from a commitment you did not want.
Hooray. Freedom is precious. It is not free.
You’ve just made more time for what’s important in your life.
These include your family, friends, fun and important projects.
Don’t fret that you may have missed an important opportunity.
Like buses, another opportunity will come along soon.
For more about guarding your time and freedom, click here.
This is about your own personal leadership of yourself.
Please watch the video and make a "comment" below.
Click Here to see my Essential Entrepreneur Tip of the Week

No comments: