Thursday, December 31, 2009

Get 'on' your butt

Been told to get off your butt and do something?
My advice: Get 'on' your butt and do something.
Many of my friends are amazed that I write so much.
Big surprise. That's what writers do. My advice:
Park your butt in front of your computer and write.
You don't need to be a brain surgeon.
In fact, brilliance may hurt you.
Business guru Peter Drucker discovered this. He wrote:
“Brilliant men are often strikingly ineffectual."
They think an idea by itself is an achievement.
It's not. You must act on your insight.
I've taught writers with far more talent than I.
I taught them in newsrooms and college classrooms.
How many of them have written even one book?
I can count them on one hand.
Do you have a book in you? Of course, you do.
Will you ever write it? That's up to you.
I write a minimum of three hours a day.
"I don't have time for that," you say.
Nonsense. I'm as busy as you are. Just do it.
Or admit that you don't have the will to do it.
Enough ranting. I wish you a great 2010.
Get off your butt or on it. Make it a great year.
For help read "Playing to Win" go to:
http://www.jerrybellune.com/success-strategies.htm
To comment, please click on Post a Comment below.

No comments: